cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Patterns for Germany and France

kallan
Level 1
Level 1

We hold a CM cluster in the UK and are deploying remote offices in Germany and France. Could anyone provide comprehensive Route Patterns for these countries and inform us whether their ISDN-30 circuits require any special configuration. We have found that Germany requires "isdn overlap sending receiving". Thanks Keith

9 Replies 9

Thanks for the reference document. We found this information the hard way for our Germany install. We are now trying to configure a Dial Plan for both our German and French remote offices but we cannot find information on the relevant dial codes. We currently have "0!", and "0!#" but we find this unacceptable as the customer has to wait up to 10 seconds for the call to complete unless they press "#".

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Thanks for your reply. We have created a numbering plan similiar to this for the UK and it works fine once we identified all the different length codes. What we are having problems is finding the different codes used in Germany and France to create this dial plan. Example - in the UK normal national calls begin with either 01 or 02 and are 11 digits long so we can simply add a dial plan to match these. We have no idea of these dial plans in the two countries. Regards Keith.

Hi Keith,

In France, the national phone numbers are 10 digits long, and begin with 01, 02, 03, 04, or 05.

The GSM numbers are also 10 digits long and begin with 06.

Some comercial numbers (often overtaxed) begin with the digit 08 and are 10 digits long.

The free numbers are also 10 digits long and begin with the digits 0800.

Note that more and more 4-digits commercial numbers (overtaxed)are available, like 3xxx (begin with a 3 are the only ones I saw).

The emergency numbers are the following :

15:SAMU (hospital emergency)

17:Police

18:Firemen

12:Informations

I think the 112 is working as well for european emergency.

Hope all this infos will help you.

bye

jp

jp, This is exactly the information I have been looking for - many thanks.

Could you possibly answer two more questions?

1. Which number is usually used to access an outside line; in the UK this is "9", in Germany we found this to be "0"

2. We had to configure "isdn overlap sending receiving" in Germany - is this the case in France?

Thanks, Keith

Here are some more details about Germany:

The Numbering Space as Used in the Public Telephone Network/ISDN in Germany

http://www.regtp.de/en/reg_tele/start/in_05-06-01-00-00_m/fs.html

To reduce the dialout delay you could change the interdigit timeout 2 or 3 sec. which works in most cases good.

-Markus

Marcus, Many thanks for the link - this provides the information I need. I appreciate your quote about reducing the inter-digit timeout but we find that users sometimes delay entering the keys in the middle of the sequence and the system then starts to dial before receiving the complete number. Thanks again, Keith

Hello Keith,

1. I'm pretty sure that it is the 0 for the outside line access.

2. No idea, the best thing would be to contact France Telecom.

bye

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: