cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Patterns

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

I have 75 remote locations with local remote gateways, what is recommended to use the 9.@ route pattern(with route filters) or the exact match route pattern(9.XXXXXXXX and so on) CCM 3.3

3 Replies 3

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, 9.@ is the better way of doing it. However if you plan (in future) to have some of the remote gateways in another country that do not follow NANP, it may be better to go by exact pattern matching now itself.Since 9.@ is supported only in countries that have North American numbering Plan (NANP)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800945b9.shtml

Thnaks guys I forgot to tell actually I am in US so I think I shud go with 9.@...

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Scott,

using 9.@ is so much easier. I re-wrote the NANP to match the UK for a similar sized multi site project to yours. Only problem is that when you come to doing other countries it no longer works.

But you can use a mixture, use 9.@ for your sites at the moment then use 9.XXX matching for those sites that need it.

Also with CCM 4.1 it's supposed to support multiple numbering plans, so that you can continue to use 9.@ and just pick your country, though I suspect you'll be required to build your own plan for those countries.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: