cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Point CSS

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Does somebody knows the use of the CSS in a Route Point? (Example: for ipcc icd)

I am looking for a way to hide CTI numbers from users.

ccm 3.3(5)

5 Replies 5

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

normaly the use of the css is the same for all other devices. if you have a cti-rp you need the css of them to redirect the call to cti-port for example.

to hide the number of cti-rp there is a callmanager service parameter called "Display CTI Route Point Name or DN".

greetings

mehmet

Hi Mehmet

But after some debugs and troubleshooting using ICD, I found out that the CCM is not using the CSS of the RP for CTI redirecting. For CTI redirecting the CCM use the CSS of the original calling device.

For example, if the CSS of the IP Phone have access to the RP partition and not to the CTI port partition, you receive a reorder tone even when the RP CSS does have access to the CTI port partition.

Greetings

Alex

That's interesting. I was thinking of doing something similar with the CSS of our RPs for use with IPCCX 3.5. The system was set up so that our 300 CTI ports are DNs from our DDI space (which seems a bit wasteful), so I was considering putting the CTI ports in their own partition and including only this partition in the CSS of the RP as I understood it is this CSS which is used to redirect calls to the CTI ports, rather than the CSS of the original calling device. That way, we could "reuse" these 300 DDI DNs in another partition (alternatively we could consider renumbering the 300 CTI ports). I'll do some testing in our lab.

I have just tested this, and Alex is absolutely right. The calling devices need access to the partition of the CTI ports (in addition to the Route Point partition), so it does appear that the RP doesn't use its own CSS for redirection to CTI ports. Can this behaviour be changed?

Looks like we're going to have to renumber those CTI ports. :(

alex,

ok.. for ipcc you are using calling line/device css. But there are other applications such ipma that using the css of the cti-rp.

greetings

mehmet