Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Route voicemail to an external e-mail address

Right now we have it setup where when you leave a voice mail, our users get that message in their e-mail. They can listen to the attached .wav file, then when done delete it and it removes it from unity connection. That part works great.

What I would like to do, is when they call our help desk number, if the help desk line is not answered, I would like it to take the voice mail, and instead of sending it to our e-mail, which is already does fine, I would like it sent to a completely external e-mail address. This external e-mail address would actually create a help desk ticket. We can already send e-mails to the external e-mail address and it creates tickets just fine, so that part is already working and we use it. The problem I am having it trying to figure out how to make unity connection send that voice mail to the external e-mail address.

This would also help our VPN phone users who do not have e-mail address in our domain be able to check their voice mails from their own local e-mail account.

Is this possible somehow? Thanks and sorry if this is vague.

4 REPLIES

The way you do this is you

The way you do this is you turn off Single inbox for this particular user and setup message relay. Its under Message Actions for the particular user. Unity Connection will in turn relay this message to Exchange and Exchange will need to be configured so that Unity Connection can relay messages to external users.

Please rate useful posts.

Thank you for the response

Thank you for the response George.

I went to message actions, changed voice mail from accept to relay and put in the external e-mail address.
This did in fact work but for some reason instead of attaching the WAV file in our ticketing system it put a whole bunch of jibberish in the ticket instead. If I forward a voice mail from outlook that unity put in my inbox to the same external e-mail address it does exactly what we want, it attaches the WAV file.

Perhaps what I am wanting to happen just will not work? 

I would suggest that you take

I would suggest that you take a look at the ticketing system to see if you possibly need to whitelist the system SMTP name of the CUC server so that it will accept the attachment.

I just wanted to update this

I just wanted to update this and say I did end up figuring it out. This is what I had to do:

I relayed the voicemail to another mailbox. That mailbox had a rule that forwarded the e-mails from unity to a mail contact that pointed to the external e-mail address that created the ticket.

I sort of had to work around the problem.

This is where I got the idea:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/69491/single-inbox-and-working-outlook-rules

Views
Helpful
Replies