Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

RouteGroup -TopDown and GW-BottomUp

HI

CM 4.0x

MGCP PRI config's of "Interface Info" set for Channel Selection Order=BottomUp

as I assume this is preferred for outbound calls as telco is set to topdown to avoid glare.

While

RouteGroup that is is associated with is set to Distribution Algorithm=TopDown. I originally had it set to "Circular" but could not do outbound calls so once I set it to TopDown, life became good. Just curious what the difference is and why it broke. I already read cco on these fields but nothing really tells me on how these fields are affect by other combinations.

BTW, the RG only has one MGCP PRI and not other GW or interface is associated with the RG.

TIA

1 REPLY

Re: RouteGroup -TopDown and GW-BottomUp

Anthony,

If you have only one gateway and it doesnt really matter what algorithm you set that to. I have always used Circular with just one gateway in the RG (which is the default) and it has worked without any issues. Make sure once you change a route-list/route group, you reset the route list. Again this behaviour has been true with CM 4.1.

Views
Helpful
Replies