Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router not playing reorder tones to network

All,

According to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5013/products_feature_guide09186a0080080e2d.html#1015363

if I understand it correctly, my router should send and ISDN cause code and a reorder tone to the network when a call comes in from the network to an unassigned number. The cause codes work fine, but I can't seem to get an inband reorder tone to play. I have included the Q931 trace below. Any help would be appreciated.

1d00h: ISDN Se3/0:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0442

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

Progress Ind i = 0x8483 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, '2604023233'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '124'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

1d00h: ISDN Se3/0:23 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x8442

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

1d00h: ISDN Se3/0:23 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x8442

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

1d00h: ISDN Se3/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0x0442

1d00h: ISDN Se3/0:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8442

Bill C.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Router not playing reorder tones to network

The same document also mentions that the in-band signalling depends on the Progress Indicator. You may want to check this in detail.

The phone company isn't sending any in-band signaling. They tell me that I am connected to an older switch and it cannot generate all of the in-band responses that most switches today can. They said that they have been working around this by asking customer phone switch installers to make their switches play tones back to the caller when cretin cause codes are received. This is the only document that I have seen that suggest Cisco IOS is capable of this but I can't get it to work. Perhaps CallManager is responsible for these tones in this case but I don’t see any way to configure CallManager for this either.

I should clarify this a little. I am trying to determine how to send reorder to the pstn first since the document I referenced says this should work. Then I need to find out how to send reorder tone back to my calling users when the network disconnects with a specific cause code.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.