Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

router on a stick problems

I have troubles with a router on a stick.

3640-IOS=12.2(3).Voice-vlan=11 (ccm+phones)

native vlan=10 (pc's). If there is a call between a softphone and a outside phone(via E1), there is one-way speech! (softphone is not hearable) If I make a loopback, and then an h323 bind to the voice-vlan-interface, the IPphones cannot be called from outside. Now we put a second interface interface in the route and it's ok, but that is only a workaround. (ther are only 2 vlans..) I tried dot1q and ISL as trunk to the router, didn't matter.

There are no access-lists configured.

If I put the call on hold on the softphone, and then resume, it's ok!!!???

We think it's a bug, but might miss something...

Thanx, ;-)

Sascha

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: router on a stick problems

Hi Sascha

I think you are running into a bug with DSP glare that is present in 12.2.3. (CSCdu59975). I would recommend going to a 12.2.5 mainline image.

Sam

Ok, I will try that. But we also tried 12.1(5)T, and there was the same problem.

Sascha

Cisco Employee

You need to configure a loopback interface and assign an IP address to it, and use the h323 bind on that interface to bind to the loopback IP address, and then go into CallManager and make sure that is the IP address you have configured for the gateway.

That is what we did! (I wrote it in my message, but maybe not so clear..)

That worked, but then we couldn't recieve a call on the IPPhones from outside (E1).

(b.t.w. the IPPHones are in vlan11, the softphonepc is in vlan10.)

Sascha

Views
Helpful
Replies