cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Version Ping error

dpaquette
Level 1
Level 1

Was wondering if anyone has seen this error before: "Exclusive acces to the router denied because the logger is not responding to router Version pings." This appears when trying to edit scripts or save config changes.

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

I have seen the "Exclusive acces to the router denied" error before because of multiple co-workers editing scripts at the same time. But nothing to the extent of the phrase before. I am curious to know also in case I ever come across it.

We have been able to stop the error by turning off most of the half hourly reports. This is done in the registry settings. We have identified disk utilization issues on the Loggers. Too many records every half hour are overwhelming the database drive.

I am facing the following PING Error on the admin workstation. I have installed the Webview on this admin workstation & the webview software is working fine.

Trace: Ping to IIS failed. error 10061

The IIS error is related to the default website not having started. It usually is not started automatically.

Can you try starting it using Internet Service Manager please?

Also check if you have any anti-virus software, that might be scanning .asp pages. This can slow things down, and perhaps cause IIS respond slowly..

kelly.frigstad
Level 1
Level 1

We ran into this problem on a client segment that is rather busy, and Cisco TAC identified that the ‘rtr’ buffer is too small on the call router so we are changing “rtr buffer limit” to 4096 by regedit.exe.

Note that you should check with TAC before making such a change to make sure it works for your environment.

Kelly Eric Frigstad

AT&T Canada