Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing incoming calls back out into PSTN

charlesmusgrove
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a situation that is going to require routing an incoming call back into the PSTN (through a different PRI, but on the same gateway router as the incoming call).

Also, there will be multiple incoming numbers going to the same destination number. I have looked at creating pilots for each incoming number, but not sure if I'm on the right track.

If anyone has any insight as to how this can be accomplished, it would be greatly appreciated.

We are running CallManager 4.1(3) with a Cisco 2851 router as the gateway.

Thanks for any advice!!

Charles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here are the steps to take:

1. Add the new GW for the PRI if you have not already done it.

2. Create new partition called outbound-pt for example

3. Create a new CSS forward-css, list the outbound-pt in it

4. Create a new route pattern of 9.@ (if your offnet access code is 9), assign the the GW to this route pattern, assign the outbound-pt partition to this RP

5. For each of the number, create a dummy phone or a cti port, as the DN assign the DID.

6. In the line configuration under CallForwardAll enter the full number of where this call needs to be redirected, assign the forward-css CSS to the calling search space of callForwardAll

So, assuming one of your DIDs is 2125551234, and significant number of digits from telco is 4, then you have a dummy phone or cti port with DN of 1234, assume it needs to be rerouted to 3125555000, then the callForwardAll filed has 3125555000 in it, as well as the CSS assigned.

If you need to use that GW for other users besides this config, make sure you list it's partition in the necessary CSSes.

Hope this helps, rate the post if it does.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. What do you mean route it back to PSTN? Any particular number? If yes simply create callForwardAll and forward it to the DN, make sure that the callForwardAll Calling Search Space has only access to a parition of a Route Pattern that points to the route list/gateway you want to send out the call on that PRI

2. Create a line group hunt list and hunt pilot.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for your reply. In answer to your question, yes. There are exactly 24 incoming phone numbers that must be redirected to a particular number that is off the network.

I am a beginner in this area, but I think I follow what you are saying. However, when you say "create callForwardAll", I'm a little confused. I think I understand how the CSS and the Partition should be configured, so if you would explain the callForwardAll and how to forward it to the DN, I should be in the clear.

Thank you so much for your expertise and advice.

Charles

Here are the steps to take:

1. Add the new GW for the PRI if you have not already done it.

2. Create new partition called outbound-pt for example

3. Create a new CSS forward-css, list the outbound-pt in it

4. Create a new route pattern of 9.@ (if your offnet access code is 9), assign the the GW to this route pattern, assign the outbound-pt partition to this RP

5. For each of the number, create a dummy phone or a cti port, as the DN assign the DID.

6. In the line configuration under CallForwardAll enter the full number of where this call needs to be redirected, assign the forward-css CSS to the calling search space of callForwardAll

So, assuming one of your DIDs is 2125551234, and significant number of digits from telco is 4, then you have a dummy phone or cti port with DN of 1234, assume it needs to be rerouted to 3125555000, then the callForwardAll filed has 3125555000 in it, as well as the CSS assigned.

If you need to use that GW for other users besides this config, make sure you list it's partition in the necessary CSSes.

Hope this helps, rate the post if it does.

Chris

Chris,

Thank you, thank you, thank you....

Worked like a charm and I couldn't look good without you.

Sincerely,

Charles