Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing of Non-Answered calls

Greetings,

I have two campuses, one with extension 86XX and the other with 85XX. At this time, when a call is made to any extension with no voice mailbox assigned to it, the call is forwarded and answered by the Cisco Unity default greeting. Then the call is forwarded to the main line extension of 8500. I want to change this so that calls made to an 86XX extension with no mailbox get forwarded to the main line at 8600. Calls made to an 85XX extension get forwarded to 8500 main line.

I browsed the Direct and Forwarded Calls Rules within the Unity Administration, but could not determine that any of that was the correct location to make that change. I could be wrong.

Could I get some advise.

Unity 4.0(3), CCM 4.1(3)sr3c

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES

Re: Routing of Non-Answered calls

You are in the correct track, go to Forwarded Call Rules and create a Rule were the Dialed Number and the Calling Number will be ANY and the forwarding station will be 8500.

Re: Routing of Non-Answered calls

Thanks for your response. I added two rules that transfer to 8500 and another to 8600 based on the dialed number. Both tranfered to the defined "transfer to" extension, but it transfers all unanswered calls immediately without first going to the extension's voicemail, if exist. I have attempted several entries in the "Transfered from" field, but nothing matches.

I found that the Operator Call Handler was configured to forward all Unaddressed Messages to 8500.

The Operator Call Handler has an extension of 0 assigned to it, but not sure if it's a valid extension. Is there typically an extension assigned to the Operator?

How can I confiure the Operator to transfer calls to certain extensions based on the dialed number? Is there a way to tell how the calls are getting to the Operator.

Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content