Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing outbound calls

Hello everybody.

I have a 2801 router (Call Manager Express) with a 4FXO card, and each port is connected to a PSTN line (4 to 4). I have four ip phones (7902).

I need each ip phone make calls always through the same PSTN line. I only know how to choice the fxo port using the destination pattern, but I don?t know how to select the fxo port based on the phone wich make the call.

I?m a newbee with this themes, so any help will be welcome.

Thank you for your attention.

5 REPLIES

Re: Routing outbound calls

hi,

you can configure dial-peer for :

calling-number and your IP Phone extension number.

This will allow only that phone to use that FXO port.

-r

v

Thank you for the response!

There is a problem. When I configure a new dial-peer the calling-number option is not recognized by the IOS.

I use: dial-peer voice 1 pots

And now I use ? and the calling-number is not part of the DIALPEER configuration commands (beginning by letter c I only have call-block, capacity and carrier-id).

The version of IOS is 12.3(11)T10, Release software (fc4).

Thank you!

Well, this link show how to get we I want:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/products/specific_fxs_call.html

But I have a problem. I can?t dial any number that doesn?t match a destination-pattern. In theory after the translation rule, the called number should match de destination-pattern.. but it doesn't...

Any sugestion?

Thank you!

Silver

You can use the trunk command to dedicate the FXO per user. Here is a sample config.

ephone-dn 1

number 1000

trunk 80

ephone-dn 2

number 1001

trunk 81

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 80

Port 1/0/0

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 81

Port 1/0/1

Based on the above config, when the user at 1000 goes off hook and dials 80, he will grab the FXO port 1/0/0. This way each user can have a separate trunk port.

Regards,

Anup

Hey! Thanks Anup.

I have already think in that solution. The problem is that each user must dial some prefix before dial the number, and I dont want this.

I have used other voip/pots gateways and was very easy to create a rule that assign incoming voip calls to fxo ports based on the calling number, but I dont find and "easy way" to this with the 2801 router, and I think this should be a trivial task, but it isnt.

Thank you again!:)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content