Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Routing

I have 10 digits being sent to my CallManager from the PSTN. If I have 5 digits extensions, how can I make sure that the call gets routed?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Lee

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Routing

You can use translation rule to strip the first 5 digits on the router/gateway itself.

Or, you can send all 10 digits to Callmanager and strip the first 5 digits via gateway config in CCM. In the gateway config, you have a setting for Significant Digits, and you have to set that to 5 and CCM will consider only the last 5 digits for the incoming call.

What gateway are you using, MGCP/H323 PRI,CAS,FXO ??

I'm using H.323 =)

So all I need to do is to configure the Gateway to only collect 5 digits?

Would I need to update the Calling party mask so it can route back? And do I need to change anything on my Route Group / Route Lists?

Thanks,

Lee

Silver

For inbound calls, you do not need to do anything with route group/list (which are used for outbound call routing). Have the voip dial-peers on your h323 gateway send all 10 digits to CCM, and on CCM h323 gateway config set Significant Digits to 5.

Would I also need to change the network side / user side paramenters on the Gateway?

Thanks,

Lee

Cisco Employee

No

Views
Helpful
Replies