Error 14, RISDC data collector service is down or un reachable

I have checked and the RIS service is started on both my servers

any ideas what is causing this

7 Replies 7

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

Dave:

Go to Server-> Critical Services in RTMT, and see which node is causing the issue (select from the drop-down menu). If the alert is no longer present look in Alert Central for the last time it happened. Check event viewer on the node that RTMT reports having the issue.

If no messages are found restart the RIS service on the node to potentially resolve the issue.

Hope that helps a little.

Tom

I can't see any data, its like the RTMT tool can not connect into the Database,

Error on all pages

"Error polling alert status- RISDC data collector is down or unreachable

Dave:

Are you running RTMT on a CCM or a separate server/PC? Check for firewall blocking if not on sub or pub.

What version of CCM are you running?

Here's the port list for version 4.1

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5820/c1693/ccmigration_09186a00807217e1.pdf

Tom

Was the RTMT ever working? I curious if this is a first-time use attempt or whether it just recently stopped responding. In my experience, a reset of the Cisco RISDC Data Collector service usually jump starts the tool if it had been working. In a few instances on a CM 4.1(2) cluster, the only thing I was able to do to get it working again after it had stopped was to reboot the Publisher. That's one of those last ditch efforts to try if all else fails.

Hi

The tool is installed on the pub, this is the first time I have tried to use it on this cluster, I have restarted the RIS service on both CM and rebooted the publisher and subscriber, still get the same error, there are no firewall or ports being blocked

Dave:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling RTMT? I had to do this once after migrating to CCM 4.1.

Tom

a001b20043809
Level 1
Level 1

Dave,

Are you changed the ip address on both CCM?

If yes, there's some config you need to do in your CCM cluster... Check The RISDC Service in Sevice Parameters Config in your CCMAdmim page if the ip address matches with your current configuration.

Hope it helps,

Vitor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: