cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

RTMT logs filling up on Callmanager

program files/common files/cisco/logs/rtmtlogger

filling up the harddrive on callmanager. Where are these coming from?

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: RTMT logs filling up on Callmanager

Here's the information from the RTMT Help screen on CCM 4.1(3)sr3c:

RTMT Collector uses the logger to log preconfigured monitoring objects information and Alert Manager uses logger to log alert histories into log files. Each preconfigured object belongs to one of the four categories, namely devices, services, servers, and call activities. Each category has a separate log file. Alert details get logged in a separate file. Also, another log file exists for perfmon that logs the important perfmon object values for Cisco CallManager-related services and processes.

The primary collector invokes the logger with the data from the whole of the Cisco CallManager cluster. The locally written log files appear in the primary collector server at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Cisco\Logs\RTMTLogger. As the primary collector can change due to failover/fallback scenarios, the log files can exist in more than one server in the Cisco CallManager cluster.

Log files exist in csv format. You can read log files, except alert log file, by native NT perfmon viewer. New log files get created every day at 00:00 hours on the local system. New logs for devices, services, servers, and calls get created when the time zone changes or when a new node is added to the cluster, or during failover/fallback scenarios. The first column of all these logs comprises the time zone information and the number of minutes from the Greenwich Meridian Time (GMT). Reporter uses these log files as data source to generate daily summary reports.

Hope that helps out.

Tom

Bronze

Bill:

Here's the link to the CCM system guide that explains the log types for my previous post:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803fe70f.html

Look under "Logging in RIS".

Tom

Community Member

Thanks for your reply, but it would seem to me that the system would either clear existing logs or reuse space or something at some point rather than me having to manually remove them.

Bronze

Hi Bill:

Looks like it is configured in Service Parameters in CCM. I verified the settings in my systems and it checks out.

So the bottom line is to go to CCM admin -> Service -> Service Parameters -> select your publisher and "Cisco Serviceability Reporter" and modify the settings. You may need to do this for the subs, too (I did just to be safe).

Cisco Serviceability Reporter uses the following two service parameters:

Report Generation Time - The number of minutes after midnight. Reports generate at this time for the most recent day. The minimum value is 0 and the maximum value is 1439.

Report Deletion Age - The number of days that the report must be kept in the disk. The system deletes reports that are older than the specified age. The minimum value is 0 and the maximum value is 30.

It is from this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802df0b6.html

Hope that helps you out.

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content