cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RUS not working after 3.1.5 Unity Install, Exchange2K

ptalbot
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that after a 3.1.5 Unity installation in an Exchange 2000 environment that the Recipient Update Service has quit functioning properly. Mailboxes can be added in Exchange, but are not stamped by the RUS, and are not functional as a result. I am now being questioned about the AD schema extension that was performed at install, and what AD attributes Unity either creates or modifies, and what all of that has to do with the operation of the RUS. Anyone run into this before? Thanks in advance...Pat

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can find the extension information in the LDIF log stuck on your desktop, of course - you can also review this white paper:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/datadir.htm

it contains a complete run down on the extensions made to all objects.

Not to put to fine a point on it but the RUS problems being related to the AD extensions Unity applies is an extremely remote possibility indeed - it's almost certainly something else at play here.

Thanks Jeff, I found the ldif log already...the whitepaper I had seen before, but hadn't thought to dig it up again. I will work with the customer to try to resolve from a Micro$oft perspective, I have found numerous TechNet articles pretty much outlining the same symptoms and suggested fixes. Most have to do with permissions issues in AD. Don't know if the customer has tried to rebuild the RUS yet, but I have found the list of permissions needed for proper RUS operation and will try to verify that first. Thanks for the response! Pat