cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RxDisc RxLost Statistics on 79XX phones

billbaker
Level 1
Level 1

I need an interpretation here. I am getting RxDisc's on calls coming in on a PRI from the PSTN.

What is the significance of the RxDisc statistic on the Call Statistics display screen on calls from the PSTN. Calls generated and terminated internally or from across the WAN do not increment this counter.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I have always been told that rxdisc means that the packet did arrive but it arrived out of order so it was not played and it was discarded. Rxlost means means the phone expected a packet but it never arrived. Are you having bad voice quality?

Thank you,

The quality is good once the call is established. The problem seems to be audio cut through but it is not consistent. How can a packet arrive out of order from the PSTN? Verizon is not being much help.

The packet would not be out of order from the PSTN as much as from the router to the Ip Phone over the voip network. So is is only at the begining of the call? Is it inbound calls or outbound calls? What is the round trip delay if you ping from the call manager to the router?

Thank you,

Seems to be inbound and outbound. I noticed a duplex mismatch between the router and switch that I have to resolve before I go any further.

Bill,

Did fixing the duplex issue solve your problem?

Thank you,

-Mckee

My IOS version was SRST c3640-is-mz.121-5.YD2. I was seeing incrementing RxDisc's on calls coming in on the PRI and also on outbound local calls which used the same PRI. My Longdistance calls route through a different gateway so they were not affected. I also had a duplex mismatch on the ethernet trunk to a Catalyst 4003. I finally pulled the SRST and replaced it with the same version IOS I have on another 3640, 12.2(6). Both problems cleared up and voice quality is back where it should be. Still had a minor far side tail echo but we maximized the echo cancellation coverage to 32ms and decreased the input gain to -1. In our case, any increase in output attenuation made outbound audio too low for comfort. Not the ideal solution but did it give me some breathing room. Thanks