Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saweb

Is it normal behaviour when accessing saweb from a remote machine that the "Enter Network Password" message box appears everytime you go to 'Subscribers' and also it appears somewhat randomly when accessing other features within saweb. When this box appears I enter "administrator" as the user name. Should it be enough for this box just to come up once to verify who is connecting as the administrator. <br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: saweb

It's probably not random... it's probably page that have the media master control on it (i.e. the VCR looking thing to record voice names and greetings via the SA). If you're coming cross domains to get at the SA, you will need to authenticate twice... once to access the SA and once the first time you hit a page with this contorl on it. This is a DCOM issue, largely, and it wont take the credentials from the page login, it wants it's own. If you're in the same domain it's not a problem but coming cross domains the automatic authentication doesn't fly.

Once you've authenticated the for the first media master control you should be fine for the rest of that session.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I am also getting this problem. I have several customers that are on a single flat NT domain and I still get prompted for "Network Credentials". This is annoying when you are making a lot of modifications and you have to click on "OK". The network credentials are defaulted (After you enter them the first time).

Anonymous
N/A

You must have your IE setup to prompt for these... this has absolutely nothing at all to do with Unity or the SA. We require authentication (i.e. we don't let just anyone hit the SA) and IIS takes care of getting those credentials for us. If you're part of one big domain and you have IE configured to pass the NT login credentials automatically you shouldn't get pinged at all. If you are you either have a domain boundary (which doesn't sound like it's the case) or you have IE configured to always prompt.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content