Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP and SIP phone together

phiz.petry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configurer a Cisco CME 4.1 with Cisco Phone (SCCP) and Linksys Phone (SIP).

All is working well.

But i have severals problem.

1) I cannot create Hunt group include SIP phone.

the command list in ephone-hunt 1 sequential need only ephone-dn number and i cannot use voice register-dn number.

2) How can i monitor a SIP phone line number on a SCCP phone ?

I use IP phone communicator to monitor line, and i cannot add internal number from SIP Phone.

Is there special command to use SIP and SCCP phone together.

Thanks for your help

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. cannot include SIP phone directly in ephone-hunt. SIP ohones have their own confing of hunt groups. But try (not sure if it would work) to use a free ephone-dn that has call-forward all to the SIP phone.

2. same as 1

The SIP and SCCP phones simply don't share the same characteristics so to work seamlessly you will need all cisco phones.

Also be aware when monitring lines with IP communicatro, becasue if any is active when you close the application, will cause the call to drop.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Could you please send me the config which is working fine with Linksys IP Phone with Cisco Call Manager express.

Thanks

Manoj

There is no special config. If phone is local to the lan, put the MAC address under voice register pool and thta it's enough.

If it is remote, put anything you want as MAC address, but also need userame and password.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: