Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Scheduled Extract of the CDR records from Callmanager

I need to extract all the CDR records for each 24 hour period and place them in a file on a FTP server for an outsourced billing service to pick up and process for monthly billing.

I suspect I will have to write a SQL query to create the file and use the Win2k scheduler to run the job each day. Does anyone have a better idea?

Thanks,

Tom.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Scheduled Extract of the CDR records from Callmanager

Sounds like a good plan to me. Unless you can think of a way to utilize ART to perform this task. I believe you can have it email reports automatically but they are in PDF format, and I'm not sure if the desired contents that the 3rd party needs are there.

Community Member

Tom here is what we came up with in order to copy the CDR table in to a MySQL server. We've setup a data extraction DTS on our primary callmanager MS-SQL server which runs everynight and exports CallDataRecords table in to a CSV text file. All of this can be done with the MS-SQL Enterprise Manager. It can also do data transformations as it exports but not sure if you want to put that load on your server, guess it all depends on how much CDR data you have and how much you have to translate it.

Hope it helps,

Baha

Community Member

Great! Thanks so much for the confirmation. This will work and I do not need to do data transformations.

Thanks again,

Tom.

Community Member

Baha,

I'm looking to do the same type of thing for export into CAS. Unfortunately I've hit a brick wall converting the Date/Time fields. Do you have any additional info on how you accomplished that ?

Chris

cvain@thesiggroup.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content