Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Schema update

I'll travel to the other city B to install unity server in AD, but The schema master server is in my city A. Can I update schema here in city A before I install unity in the city B?Personally I think it'll be OK. I want a confirm from you guys.

Second, Unity documentation indicates that make sure schema fully propagated in the AD forest before install Unity. My question here is: Assume I have updated Schema in the schema master server in City A, during my installing unity server in city B, my colleadge in city C meantime is installing another Domain Controller (not unity). Will this give me a trouble since the schema hasn't replicated to that server yet?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Schema update

You need to update the schema on the schema master. There is only one schema master in the entire forest so you don't have a lot of choices as to where you are going to make the change. Of course in a bind you can always move the role to a server in the different location but it doesn't sound like that would apply to your situation.

Installing a new domain controller within the forest the way you described will not impact your Unity installation.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith

Maybe I haven't explained my question clearly. yes, I know there is only one schema master server. My question is whether I can run the schema update before I install Unity? Because this unity server is to be installed in another city,just in case I can't reach the schame master server via remote access for unexpected reason while I am in another city installing the unity.

Thanks

Shouyi

Gold

As you know there is a requirement to extend the schema before you install Unity. From a technical standpoint it makes no difference whether you do it 5 minutes before or 5 years before, just so long as it is done before and the updates replicate.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content