Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Scripting Question's

I am new to scripting so I would really appreciate any help.

I am looking for a way to act on information gathered in the "get caller contact info" step. In particular I would like to be able to play different prompts and set different priority's based off the callers originally called number. Also I would like to be able to do the same thing based on CLID. I think I would use basically the same method for both once I figure it out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Scripting Question's

Here are some basic steps.

a. Create a string called ANI and DNIS

b. Use Getcallcontactinfo step and store Calling Number into ANI and Original Called Number into DNIS.

c. Use a Switch or IF statement to check ANI or DNIS against your desired CLID or OCN you want to check.

d. At each node of the Switch statement, play a prompt, set the priority of the call and dump them into a queue (if needed).

Here is a sample script:

Based on calling number (say 3200 or 3201), it plays two different prompts, sets priority to 1 or 2 and then dumps the call into a queue. The CSQ names are to be passed as parameter from the Application page in IPCC. You will also need to pass the Prompts as parameters.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

4 REPLIES

Here are some basic steps.

a. Create a string called ANI and DNIS

b. Use Getcallcontactinfo step and store Calling Number into ANI and Original Called Number into DNIS.

c. Use a Switch or IF statement to check ANI or DNIS against your desired CLID or OCN you want to check.

d. At each node of the Switch statement, play a prompt, set the priority of the call and dump them into a queue (if needed).

Here is a sample script:

Based on calling number (say 3200 or 3201), it plays two different prompts, sets priority to 1 or 2 and then dumps the call into a queue. The CSQ names are to be passed as parameter from the Application page in IPCC. You will also need to pass the Prompts as parameters.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Here is a slightly modified version with the script dumping the call to a third queue (default queue) if CLID doesnt match 3200 or 3201. In real world CLID should be matching 10 digit numbers.

Community Member

Thank you very much. I can't wait to play with these these.

I think you intended to upload a second, modified script but I do not see it could you please post it again?

Here is the script. Forgot to attach it in the last post!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content