Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

SDL TRACES

how do you read these traces? better yet, having issues with some of my phones, call drop, one way audio, and i want to start doing some troubleshooting. is there a definite documented way i can go about doing this.

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: SDL TRACES

Hi agoodin

Normally those traces are used here in TAC and by DE folks, we have some internal training regarding these topic, I dont know if this training is offer to partners.

What I would do in your case is to capture "working scenarios" so you know how a phone|GW|db| or other process behaves normally. Although SDI|CCM traces are always a good start and normally are enough before opening a case with us.

Regarding SDI you can find some info here in CCO or in the Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony book.

HTH

Re: SDL TRACES

You will likely find more use in a sniffer trace for one way audio issues and disconnect. You will be able to view skinny messages. For the end user detail CCM traces in conjunction with Sniffer output will be your best option. You will want to look into TRANSLATOR X to help with the detail traces.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content