cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

search for voice messages

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br> Please help with one issue as follows: caller left a voice message on user's extension - important message - but he could not find it in his voice mail box. Is there anyway to search for this message and forward it to my user ? I'm system admin for this Unity server. Thank you very much.<br>Duc Vu<br><br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

who left the voice message? An outside caller or another subscriber?

I'd check the unaddressedMessages distribution list first... The example administrator is a default member of that list but you should have at least one other admin type here added to that list (this is covered in the installation guide). Look around in there to see if for some reason the message got bounced (full mailbox, server down, account missing etc...).

If it's not in there and it didn't bounce back to the sender (in the case it was another subscriber) then the only other possibility is the user ended up leaving the message for soemone else by mistake... tracking that down is a tad tricky.

There are some gnarly Exchange tools for tracking all messages left by/for a particular party (either a subscriber or the Unity Messaging System account in the event of an outside caller). But they require that you already had those traces configured and logging in Exchange (this has nothing to do with Unity)... if that's not the case there aren't a lot of good options here.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Hi,
I checked this subscriber mail box and his total mailbox size is 1181786kb (more than 1 Gig ?) so is it full yet ? can we clear his mailbox or ask him to delete some mails ? Thanks for help.
Duc Vu

Not applicable

well, that's pretty big but the maximim message store size per user is set in Exchange (i.e. it's external to us). Check his Exhange mailbox in the administrator and look on the limits section to see if there are limits for send and send/receive. Also, check to make sure the Exchange server's box isn't completely out of hard drive space on the partition that's holding the private store (that would be bad).

if his mailbox was full, the message would have bounced back to the sender. If it was an outside caller, again this would go to the unaddressedMessages distribution list. You'll need to go fishing there.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Mailbox limits are configurable in Exchange at the server Information Store or the individual mailbox can override the limits. It would be wise for this person to move some of thier messages to personal folders since they are occupying a pretty good chunk of your server space. Also they can delete Sent Items and empty Deleted Items to help free up space.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: