Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Search Options for Directory Handler

Can you set the directory handler to search by EITHER first or last name? I only see the option to do first and last OR last and first. Our legacy system we are trying to replace prompts users to enter "first few letters of the persons first or last name." We have a surprising number of folks that are used to our legacy system and sure enough no matter which way I go I upset the other half. To do both would be great!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Search Options for Directory Handler

In the current version you are limited to either first or last name but not both.

In Unity 4.0 scheduled to release end of year, you can create multiple directory handlers so you could set up your auto attendant to say something like "For a first name directory press 1, for a last name directory press 2. If they press 1 you would have it set up to go to a directory handler set to search by first name, if they press 2 you would have it set up to go to a diffrent directory handler set up to search by last name.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content