Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Second Channel with 7960 IP Phones

Hello Guys,

I just installed a CCM 4.1(3) with 7960 phones. The first and second incoming calls ring in the first line and due to the nature of our business, this causes a little issue for us. Each phone has 3 lines configured. Let's say first line 7997, second line 6995 and the third 5995. The way that is configured in the CCM is if the first line is busy, call rings in the second line and if the second line is busy, it rings in the third one. The issue that we have is the second incoming call rings in the first line and does not go to the second line. I know for the first line there're two channels but I need to disable the second one for each line. Could you please let me know how can I make this happen?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Set busy trigger on those lines to 1.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks Sankar,

I know the question that I have for you has nothing with this forum but will take the chance and ask.

I am getting ready for my CCIE Voice written exam for the next month and believe I will probably pass. But my problem is with the Lab exam and have no idea how can I get prepared. As I see in your signature, you're a CCIE Voice. Could you please advise me how can I get ready for the Lab exam?

Thanks,

Bahman,

You will need to spend quiet some study time for the written and lab exam. I would advise people who are already married to be prepared for a "stay away from wife" period during your road trip to CCIE. Its very important to make sure that your partner understands the need and value of a CCIE certification, and that it would be difficult for a CCIE candidate to spend enough time with family considering that you have to work 8-12 hours a day and then go back home and study. I owe my CCIE to my much beloved wife, as with out her, this wouldnt have been possible.

It took me about 9 months of studying for the written and lab exam. I started off with finishing my CCVP last year end (2005). CCVP helped in preparing for my CCIE voice a lot. May be that approach will help you too. My first lab attempt was in September 2006 which i failed horribly. Went back at it, Oct 2006 and was succesful this time. You will need to procure a lot of gear (if you work for a Cisco partner you do get NFR kits that you can use to build your lab). Cisco has not officially published a lab topology, but you can refer to training partners such as IPExpert or similar for sample diagrams which are similar to the actual lab exam. I did attend a Bootcamp from IPexpert before my first lab attempt, which did help me tremendously with putting together an effective strategy, time management, tips etc.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks Sankar, I will definitely follow your advices. How about the simulatin exams like TestKing etc.... Would they help? They give 100% guarenty.

Thanks again,

Bahman

Hi Bahman,

maybe I can help you, but it will be easier if you write to me directly at pascal.beauregard@usherbrooke.ca.

Pascal

I did Mr. Beauregard :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: