cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary Site SRST over MPLS

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

My company has IPT in our HQ. We have a secondary mfg location in the next town that is connected via a point-2-point T1, and we run VoIP over it. We have a PRI for PSTN access at the HQ. The 2nd location had POTS access until someone canceled them feeling they were unnecessary (pros and cons for that) At both locations we have SRST on a 1760-V.

Our location in CA (HQ is in WI) currently has its own PBX which is dying. I wish to roll out VoIP to it over MPLS, which I would then replace the P2P T1 and put it in the MPLS cloud too. I plan NOT to add a voice gateway at the CA location and just put a switch out there and route all calls through WI (Leaving a POTS line for fax and 911).

Management only worry is if the phones go out at the HQ, CA will be stranded. I said SRST would kick in and maintain call processing, until the batteries ran out. Only THEN everything would be down. (The other scenario would be the HQ building is compromised somehow).

Is it possible if a DR plan is in place that if an extended power loss occurs, or the HQ building is destroyed, that call routing could be established through our secondary location; since everything is connected via MPLS? I know POTS lines would need to be reestablished, but could the second WI location run SRST for the CA site?

1 Reply 1

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

I am not asking how to do it, just if it is possible down the road some time. This could sell the plan to management if it is possible.