Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Secure VoIP communication

Hello All,

I would like to know, how can I provide a secure communication to allow multiple VoIP operators to exchange traffic anonymously.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES

Re: Secure VoIP communication

Could you offer a more specific example of what you'd like to do?

I would like to provide transit connection between carrier who is originating minutes and terminating carrier who is terminating minutes in a diffrent country. I don't want originating carrier to know any information about my terminating carrier gateway and gatekeeper, for example (IP Address).so In-order to hide this info, I read about cisco multiservice iptoipgatewy is the way to go, but i am not sure. Can you shed some light on that.

Originating carrier---H323---[IPtoIPGW/GK]---H323---Terminating carrier

Thanks

That's likely your best route. Using, say, a 2600XM product, you can set up the gateway to interface between the two carriers. The 2600 series will allow 65-100 simultaneous calls, depending on the model. If you need more, you can get up to 400 or 500 with different hardware.

Using ITSP-ITSP connectivity w/ H.323 you get considerable control over security and call routing. The security settings do include quite a decent option set for privacy-related setups.

The link below is pretty good for info... it's a FAQ for IP-IP/GW

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_qanda_item09186a00801da69b.shtml

-Jesse

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content