cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security for Meet me conferencing

jschlimg
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to set up an access code or some other security for logging into Meetme conferences.

Call manager 3.3.3 (sr3).

Thanks

7 Replies 7

bianderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use Unity and some call handlers to create a conference centre with ID codes. The meetme is initiated from an internal device as normal, but instead of dialling the meetme, internal and external participants call a number that is routed to unity. Unity then does a name announce into the conference. Email me for details if you like,

Regards

Bill.

Hi Bill,

I ran by this response I was wondering if you could provide some details on how are you getting Unity to announce the names into the conference.

TIA

Alvaro Riera

Bill,

I too would be interested in any information you have on this.

TIA

D

Bill,

I too would be interested in any information you have on this.

TIA,

-JoseM

Looks like there's a lot of candidate for this. I can help you with this. Please rate the post if you find it helpful.

Lets work in CallManager first:-

1)Create a partition called MeetMe

2)Then create a MeetMe pattern. Suppose I want one MeetMe number. I will create a pattern like 4000, and assign it to the MeetMe partition.

3) Create a Calling Search Space, maybe Dallas_MeetMe, and have the MeetMe partition and other necessary partitions selected.

4) Assign the Dallas_MeetMe partition to any phone from which you want to start a MeetMe conference. In my case it is DN 3001.

5) Create a dummy 7960 phone and assign the line 1 number 4100. The number is the one that normal user will dial to access the MeetMe conference. Have the number FORWARD ALL to voicemail pilot.

6) Also, make sure that the voicemail ports also belong to such a Calling search space that has the MeetMe partition selected.

Now lets go to Unity:-

7) Create a Call handler called MeetMe4000, and assign it a owner. DONOT specify extension. Schedule should be AllHours-AllDays

8) In Call Transfer page, for Standard, select "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension" and specify extension number of the MeetMe number, ie, 4000

9) Select Transfer Type "Supervise transfer".

10) In "Gather caller information", check "Confirm" and "Ask caller's name". Save IT.

11) Go to Call Routing and click "Forwarded Calls". Add a new rule, called MeetMe4100. For "Forwarding Station" specify 4100.

In "Send call to" drop-down, select Call handler, and select the MeetMe4000 call handler, and "Attempt transfer for". Save It.

This way the priviledge phone can create a MeetMe conference by pressing MeetMe, then dial 4000. The other participants have to dial 4100, and will be asked to say their name. This name will be prompted by Unity to the conference participant and to accept the new caller anyone have to press 1.

Bill :

Even I too be glad to get the information on this....

Raj

Hi Bill,

Would you mind emailing me the details of how you do this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks- Dan

dstratton@fieldglass.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: