Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Security in IP Telephony

Hello,

We have customers deployed with Cisco IP Telephony solutions on data networks. We need to address the security issues in CIPT environments. Went through the SAFE whitepapers on IPT Security. But I have the following to know:

1) Can we upgrade the OS of Call Manager with the latest MS security patches and hot fixes, as and when released from MS? Will there be any application problems? Should we wait for any Cisco notifications (if there are any) on such upgrades?

2) SAFE whitepaper suggests host IDS and host antivirus programs on the Call Manager? Any issues to be taken care of, before such implementations?

Any advise on the above is warmly appreciated, since it will help me win more IPT business in my accounts.

Sekhar J S

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Security in IP Telephony

The current policy for CallManager (not Unity) is that Cisco will test and post Critical Hotfixes within 24 hours of being released by Microsoft. Non-critical hotfixes will be released twice a month in a OS Upgrade patch.

There are a few caveats with regards to the configuration of IDS and Antivirus. See the following link for details:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/sec_vir/index.htm

Note that McAfee Netshield and Cisco Host IDS are the only products currently qualified to be run concurrently with CallManager.

-Dustin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content