Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Selecting an Outgoing FXO Port

If you have multiple incoming analog lines each with their own numbers, can you force someone dialing outbound to a specific FXO port so it wont tie up someone elses incoming port without creating a bunch of RG/RL and Route patterns? We are using CallManager and a 3745 gateway.

3 REPLIES

Re: Selecting an Outgoing FXO Port

The outbound calls can be forced through a particular fxo port using the "Class of Restriction" feature. With this, the ports are assigned for making outbound or inbound calls only or both. The parameters to be configured are:

1. ephone-dn dn-tag

2. cor {incoming | outgoing} cor-list-name

To learn more about it, you can refer:

Configuring Class of Restriction

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080110a2e.html#xtocid15

If you are using a Digital Trunk 24-port (DT-24) PRI or an 8-port Analogue Trunk (AT8), then you can restrict the calls to be either inbound or outbound or both by configuring the "Call Direction" parameter on it.

Hope this helps.

if you're running H.323 on and to the gateway, another plan would be to use the "preference" command on your outbound dial-peers, with all of them having, for instance, a 9T destination pattern ... I do this at my office (only 4 FXO ports) ... that way you only have one RP (if one is all you use for OffNet calls) pointing to the gateway, then let the gateway make its routing determination based on the numeric preference of the various POTS dial-peers ... pretty simple, but it could cause, if there are alot of outbound calls, someone's assigned port to be busy ... for that you could use multiple RP's but that gets you back to the complexity you are trying to avoid ... I suppose you could nail down only a set of ports for outbound calls and let the rest be used for strictly inbound by NOT assigning them to an outbound dial-peer ... and of course the COR capabilities that were also mentioned could be used here ... depends on how much the client wants as far as complexity

MGCP on the other hand ... dunno ...

GL

Perhaps I should clarify. The selection of an outgoing port should be made based on outgoing calling number. i.e. fxo port 1 if extension 1111 dialed the number, and so on. Preference would not do this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content