cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selection of Gateway protocol.

ajaynstyagi
Level 1
Level 1

Can some body help me for selecting the gateway protocol(H.323,MGCP,SIP ) for Single site, centralized site, centralized site with distributed call processing, distributed site? Why?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No problem ajaynstyagi :)

But truly MGCP is an interesting feature, you will love playing with it.

And, always rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

HI,

For single site centralized systems MGCP is preferable. Because, gateway completely depends on call control system so they should keep in low latency environment.

Whereas for distributed call processing systems H.323 and SIP both are built on distributed architecture model depending on your design, as they can localte remote host independently and also process calls.

Thanks for reply. But I had seen many examples in centralized model using H.323.

which is more stable in MGCP or h.323 in practical life?

Yes, i have also seen such environments, but it depends on your architecture.

I can't define which is stable than other, because they are different in nature and designed for different architecture.

When you have call-agent and gateway in the same LAN, MGCP will make your job easy. MGCP is designed so.

When you have call agent and gateway in WAN distance, H.323 should be used make your network stable as the gateway takes it's own decision, but your SRST will not work.

But one thing should be noted here, H.323 get it's full feature back when your MGCP will be down.

Thanks Bilashece,

i am getting my answer.again thanks for help:-).

No problem ajaynstyagi :)

But truly MGCP is an interesting feature, you will love playing with it.

And, always rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: