cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send all incoming calls to Unity using a T1/PRI

daniels
Level 1
Level 1

I have sorted out my VG200 issues and have all incoming calls on the 2 analog lines connected to it being sent by the CM system to the Unity system so a "Welcome" message plays and the caller can then dial an internal extension or talk to the operator.<br><br>Yesterday AT&T installed our new T1 voice PRI, which is connected to port 1 of the WS-6608X-T1 blade in the Catalyst 6006. This system was inherited from a previous tenant of the building who had a working T1 PRI, but they used DDI so each internal user had a direct-dial number. I need to re-configure this so all calls on the digital lines go to Unity like the ones on the VG200. Unfortunately the Gateway dialog of the PRI is completely different to that of the VG200 and I cannot see where this needs to be set.<br><br>I have verified the PRI protocol settings are correct and AT&T can see my system, but all incoming calls on the PRI get a fast-busy tone.<br><br>If someone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. I've looked through all the Cisco documentation I can find, but cannot find any troubleshooting guides for this kind of setup.<br><br><br>Thanks,<br>Daniel Salzedo<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Can you direct the PRI to an IP phone? You're probably going to find the root of the problem within CallManager. Since this forum concentrates on Unity voice mail issues, you might want to try out a VoIP specialized forum here...

http://www.cisco.com/go/netpro/

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Thanks, will do.

dgrant
Level 1
Level 1

In order to get this to work, do the following:

1) Find out what the phone number is for the PRI

2) Configure a Translation Pattern in CallManager with this info:
Translation Pattern:
Called Party Transform Mask:

-Dustin

Thanks Dustin. I appear to have a basic connectivity problem with the PRI and have opened a ticket with support. When I get this resolved I will try your suggestion.

Daniel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: