cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send an event / execute external app when a number is dialed?

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to have the system send an event or launch an external app when some one dials a certian phone number. I want to develop a way to send an alert when some one dials 911. So it would be VERY important that the system continues to route the call.

3 Replies 3

c-charlebois
Level 3
Level 3

I doubt that can be setup as a service on the phone. That would probably need to run on the CCM itself. I know Cisco already does it with thier Emergency Responder. I would assume the approach you would need to take would be a hook into SQL of some sort.

I would suggest that you look into the TAPI/JTAPI interfaces provided by Cisco. By hooking into call events, you can watch calls as they occur and respond to events of your choosing.

There have been a number of discussions in this group around the jtapi/tapi interface, and some sample code posted in addition to links to the jtapi/tapi developer resources.

jshepard
Level 4
Level 4

Remember that with all the suggestions herein on this topic, that call observers do take up resources on your system. Call Observers are important in many jtapi applications to monitor calls coming into all DN's. Take the scalability of, worst case all lines needing call observers, into consideration in your development planning as an extremely large deployment may have scalability issues.