Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

send VM to all subscribers

Hi,<br> Please instruct me how to send a voice message (Unified Messaging) to all subscribers ? Thank you very much.<br>Duc Vu<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: send VM to all subscribers

You do this by sending a message to a public distribution list that contains all the subscribers. By default Unity creates a DL called "all subscribdrs" that is referenced by the templates such that all users created on the system are added to this list automatically. Unless you fiddled with the templates or removed this DL you can leave a message to this guy and all subscribers will get the message.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks, Jeff. I still have that DL named "All Subscribers" and haven't done anything to it. Question is: how do I send my voice mail to this DL for everybody ? can you show me a doc or url with detailed step-by-step procedure ? Thank you very much.
Duc Vu

Anonymous
N/A

Not sure what detailed steps you're looking for... you leave a message for a DL just as you do for a subscriber. You sign in as a subscriber, elect to leave a message and spell the name of the list or enter it's ID (if you've assigned the DL an ID) and it's voice name will come back as confirmation (or in a list if there are multiple matches) and you record your message. There's nothing unusual about leaving a message for a DL as compared with another subscriber on the system.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies