Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending DTMF via IPCC script for AT&T Transfer Connect

We are outsourcing our Technical Support center and we have the need to re-route calls to remote support centers. We purchased a service from AT&T called Transfer Connect whereby when a call comes it we send a dtmf code of *T491, *T492 or *T493 and then the call is supposed to get routed to the call center (AT&T listens for that dtmf code and then routes it to a particular call center)

I have tried to get this to work within a script on IPCC Express 3.5 but it doesn't work. I have tried using both the call redirect and the send digits step but to no avail. Once the script rings, the caller will hear the phone ring once but then the message "Sorry, we are experiencing system problems" plays (obviously a Cisco wav file on our end).

Our mgcp gateway has the following command in its config:

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band.

Is something else that we need to configure? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: sending DTMF via IPCC script for AT&T Transfer Connect

IPCCX cannot route to * character, try routing a dummy phone, cti port or cti route point that has callforwardAll set to the desired destination. Let me know if it works.

Chris

Thanks; I had the exact same thought. To try and isolate the issue, I forwarded the cti route point to my phone and entered the code in manually and it worked. I then tried to put the *T in the callforwardall but CM's telling me that's invalid.

Randy

Brain cramp; did the *8 which it accepted but it still doesn't work.

Chris,

Are you certain that IPCC can't route to a *? From the CRA editor I found they use that as an example:

Call Redirect:

Extensions starting with "#" or "*"

Extensions that trigger a network take-back and transfer where the specified string is outpulsed as is. The redirect is successful if a hang-up event occurs within a maximum of 5 seconds.

Got it to work with the "Send digits" (didn't work previously because my script logic wasn't working correctly").

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content