Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Separate Directories In CallManager

We're planning centralized call processing for 5 sites and I want individual Corporate Directories for each site. How is this done?

4 REPLIES

Re: Separate Directories In CallManager

Very carefully. Actually it's a fairly simple XML app that filters the LDAP on the DC Directory. The biggest trick was finding a 3rd-party ActiveX LDAP controls that I could call from an ASP page. I was able to do it, and I haven't coded squat since Pascal and C++ in College.

Ok. Can you be more specific as to what I need to do to make it all work?

The problem is, Cisco's directory lookup uses a closed tool to do the actual search, so my first attempts to modify Cisco's lookup failed. What I found was an ActiveX Ldap tool from www.ldapservices.com. With that I can run an LDAP search, with my own criteria, directly from an ASP script. I just format the output of the ASP to conform to Cisco's Phone Directory XML, and I'm golden.

Blue

You can attempt to do it on your own or e-mail me at adignan@berbee.com and we can provide you with what you need to get it to work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content