cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Seperate AA extension

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have some users who would like the Auto Attendant feature to use a different extension than their own. For instance I have users who want to AA to go to their secretary extension instead of theirs. The AA/IVR in Call Manager can do this, simply by creating the user, and it uses whatever extension you put in the account. This also efefcts the directory on the phone, so by all means, unless you KNOW the extension, you will get the secretary. Can Unity do this as well? I have an IMEEDIATE need for it, as I want to use the AA in Unity instead of the AA/IVR in Call Manager....any thoughts?<br><br>--Mike<br><br>------------------------------<br>Michael Perbix<br>Lower Merion School District<br>Network Hardware Technician

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Sure you can do this... on the transfer page for the subscriber you can select "yes, transfer to this extension" and insert any dial string you want there. By default when you activate transfer it goes to the user's extension but you can send it where ever you want it to go.

Folks can, for instance, have it transfer to their home office when they're working at home and the like.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Is it possible to have it NOT ring the extension...I know you can probably add the #2 to the dial string, correct?

-Mike

------------------------------
Michael Perbix
Lower Merion School District
Network Hardware Technician

Not applicable

you can set it to never ring an extension and instead go right to the person's greeting if that's what you want. Normally the #2 is only used when it transfers to the users phone most of the time but you want to over ride that transfer from time to time (i.e. an operator sending a caller right to their greeting or something).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)