Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Seperating a LD dial-pattern into Toll-Free/LD Patterns

We currently have a pattern in CM

9.1[2-9]XXXXXXXXX

which covers most of our Long Distance

We (for some unknown reason :-) do not have a seperate pattern for Toll-Free which of course we need so our public phones can make toll-free calls but not long distance.

Two questions:

1)anyone know of toll-free area codes other than 800, 888, 877, and 866?

2) I've been trying to break 9.1[2-9]XXXXXXXXX into LD and toll-free patterns based on the above but it's getting nasty with loads of patterns - I think with the right use of wildcards and [], etc it could be pretty simple - has anyone done and would care to share?

Thanks!

- Ken

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Seperating a LD dial-pattern into Toll-Free/LD Patterns

I suggest using the @ route patterns with route filters. You would have one @ route pattern with a route filter of areacode exist. This will only route calls with an areacode. Then another @ pattern with a route filter of areacode=800 or areacode=888 or areacode=877 or areacode=866. To add the or into the route filter you need to hit the add clause button at the top and the will add a whole new set of rules. For you 800 number it will hit this route pattern because it is more specific. One more thing I said @ patterns. If you are using a 9 to dail out then you would not to add the access code so yours would be 9.@ with the different route filters.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Community Member

Ken,

CallManager does best match routing - so you should be able to add just the more explicit routes for toll-free - these will overide your more general pattern above.

For more details of CM routing, I recommend getting hold of a copy of Cisco CallManager Fundamentals - Chapter 2 explains it in great detail!

Justin

Community Member

Argh - I should have looked - it's sitting right on my shelf! Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content