cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Seprate outside line

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

I have call manager 3.2 and Router 2650. I have 4 FXO ports on Router. I want port 4 to be seprate from the company numbers. I made that phone number from the company different phone scheme. I configured router to forward all call coming on that FXO port to that particular number ( for example 1300 and my company scheme starts 1200). The call coming on FXO port ( that number 219xxxxxx1 ) will be forwarded to 1300. But when I dial the outside number,my phone pickes up any of the line not 219xxxxxx1. How I tell Call manger that when I dial outside call from 1300 It should pickup fxo port 4 ( the line number 219xxxxxx1)not 1 or 2 or 3.

7 Replies 7

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a similiar issue. Did you ever figure it out??

No , I could not get the chance to look at. Let me know if you find any answer.

Maybe you can achieve this by the way of Partitions and CSS?? Configure a route pattern for outside line and make this pattern , DN 1300 and the port 4 to belong to the same partition.

Just an idea.

I tried but I don't know how to assign port 4 with number. Where I can define that 1300 with Port 4.

I guess you are using H.323 on the router. If you use MGCP, then you will be able control the individual port from the call manager. In this case you can put port 4 alone in a seperate partition same as that of the IP phone with DN 1300.

HTH

You don't say what protocol you are using so I will answer based on you using H.323 rather than MGCP.

You need to be looking at the access code you send to the router.

Create a new route list called 1300_routelist and assign the gateway route group that contains the router to it. Then set the route list to delete 9 (e.g. pre-dot) and replace it with something else say 801

Create a partition called 1300_out_p and put all the numbers begining with 9 that you want the 1300 extension to dial out into the route patterns and assign them to this new partition. Send all the numbers to the new route list .

On the router create a new dial-peer which points to the pots port that has the line you want calls to go out on, set the destination pattern to be 801.

Now whenever 1300 extensions dial 9.xxxx the calls go out over the specified port on the router.

You will have to expand you search space configuaration a little bit but this should be quite easy.

Paul

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I am using H.323. Thanks for the solutions.

But I never did MGCP configuration. What should I consider when doing MGCP configuration.

Thanks again.