cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server Capacity

ilang
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7847 server. What is the general consensus on the maximum number of accounts this box will support if running both exchange and unity? At one point I thought it was 200 user accounts and wondering if this is still correct, with the beefed up hardware of the 7847.

Thanks,

Israel Lang

3 Replies 3

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Israel

Have a look at the following URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_data_sheet09186a008009267e.html

MCS 7847

Previously shipped by Cisco

Platform Overlay 3

Up to 48 ports

IP, dual and traditional integrations

3 total slots available for voice boards:

1 usable with standard PCI boards

3 usable with universal PCI boards

Expansion chassis supported for additional voice boards

Up to 2500 users for Unified Messaging (message store off the Cisco Unity server)

Up to 2200 users for Voice Messaging—recommended

Up to 150 VMI users

Up to 150 CPCA users

Up to 12 TTS sessions—Cisco Unity 3.1x

Up to 24 TTS sessions—Cisco Unity 4.0

Dual Pentium III 1.26 GHz processor

1.0 GB RAM

5 hard drive configuration:

RAID1 (2 x 18 GB, Ultra3, 10K RPM hard drives)

RAID5 (3 x 36 GB, Ultra3, 10K RPM hard drives)

DVD-ROM

Redundant power supply

Redundant fans

Security key:

USB for Cisco Unity 3.x

None required for Cisco Unity 4.0 and later

Rack mount—2RU

Tape drive is available as an option

SMARTnet services available

Approximate message storage (in minutes)*

G-711—67,270 (1,121 hours)

G-729—538,160 (8,969 hours)

*Assumes half of addressable drive space reserved for recovery, Exchange 2000 (Voicemail Runtime) Enterprise Edition. This is for Voice Messaging deployments with local message store only. In Unified Messaging deployments the amount of storage time available for messages depends upon the Exchange or Lotus Domino network storage capacity

Understood. I guess my question goes to what if the message store is on the box. For example, I have a small campus environment w/ approxiametely 200 users that will need UM and another 300-400 that will need only VM. Will this box adaquately(sp?)support this in the short-term until the budget allows for a dedicated Exchange Box? If so what would be the maximum recommended number of UM and VM users?

Hi

It states in there the following:

Up to 2500 users for Unified Messaging (message store off the Cisco Unity server)

Up to 2200 users for Voice Messaging—recommended

Voice messaging implies that you are doing on-box exchange so I you have only 400 that should do fine and we still do not reach 1000 if you add your UM users so I don't see a problem.

Ullie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: