Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Server Platform Requirements/Options

Being new to Unity products I may be asking the obvious, but what are the server platform guidelines for deploying the VM and UM options in conjunction with CM 3.0(X).<br><br>I ask as some people I have spoken with have said only on Dell server hardware running WinNT 4! But I have seen a number of other posts here discussing WinNT and Win2000. If there is an obvious URL to follow, does that indicate message store sizing guidelines (yes I know this is a second question - but it's sort of related!!!)<br><br>Many thanks... Phil.C<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Server Platform Requirements/Options

Well... there's all sorts of snappy web pages but I think most of them are internal to Cisco folks at this point... I'll figure out how to link to them from the outside, but in the meantime, below you'll find a list of all the hardware compatibility we're requiring for 2.4.6. Short story is we support the same Dell boxes shipped by the old AV and Compaq boxes (this includes the MCSxxx boxes listed here).

Yes, we support both NT and Win2K, but Exchange 2000 will not be supported at all until the release of Unity 3.0.

anyway... here's the hardward list. Let me know if this isn't what you were looking for:

===============================================
The only customer provided hardware platforms that are supported by Cisco for the Cisco Unity Voice Mail and Cisco Unity Unified Messaging products are:

Cisco MCS-7835-733: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – IP Only
CD-ROM drive
Single Pentium III 733 MHz processor
512 MB SDRAM
Dual SCSI HDD’s
RAID(1)
External US Robotics 56K modem

Cisco MCS-7835-1000: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – IP Only
CD-ROM drive
Single Pentium III 1.0 GHz processor
512 MB SDRAM
Dual SCSI HDD’s
RAID(1)

Compaq ProLiant-DL380 (1.0 GHz): 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – IP Only
Microsoft “Hardware Compatibility List” Logo approved: Windows NT 4.0
CD-ROM drive
Single Pentium III 1.0 GHz processor
512 MB SDRAM
Dual SCSI HDD’s
RAID(1)

Dell G1: 4-16 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – Dual Switch and IP
Microsoft “Hardware Compatibility List” Logo approved: Windows NT 4.0
CD-ROM drive
Monitor
Single Celeron 400MHz
256MB SDRAM
Single IDE or SCSI HD
3 PCI slots
2 shared ISA/PCI slots

Dell 2400: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – Dual Switch and IP
Microsoft “Hardware Compatibility List” Logos approved: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000
CD-ROM drive
Monitor
Single Pentium III 866MHz processor
512MB SDRAM
Single SCSI HDD
5 PCI slots

Dell 2400: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – Dual Switch and IP
Microsoft “Hardware Compatibility List” Logos approved: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000
CD-ROM drive
Monitor
Single Pentium III 866MHz processor
512MB RAM
Dual SCSI HDD’s
5 PCI slots
RAID(1)

Dell 2400: 4-40 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – Dual Switch and IP
CD-ROM drive
Monitor
Dual Pentium III 866MHz processors
1GB RAM
Three SCSI HDDs
5 PCI slots
RAID(5)

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff, I see Cisco has narrowed this down to manufacturers rather than specific configurations and machine capabilities. We have a customer that has an IBM box to put this on that meets machine specifics. The customer wants to replace a competitive product with Unity on this box. We are also (as a dealer) certified on this product (IBM), and have no issues in supporting this box.

Do you forsee any problems in purchasing the Unity software for an IBM box that was previously supported? This is entirely Dialogic connectivity, NO IP. Cisco is not being asked to support the hardware in any way, just the standard Unity software.

Thanks for your help

Gold

The customers must purchase a machine on the hardware compatibility list in the exact configuration specified if they wish to obtain technical support from Cisco. This policy applies for IP and non-IP integrations.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Customer Support Engineer
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content