Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Service for dialing -- Pls Help

I need to write a service that will give a base menu to the phone of which one is international call. I would like to then display a list of countries and then let the user select the country to where he/she wants to call and then be prompted for the number, and press Dial to connect the call.

I am very new to developing services and I have made the menu but as soon as I press "2" for intl. dialing and reference the URL the phone doesnt do anything??

Can someone maybe help me with regard to this??

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Service for dialing -- Pls Help

It might be a problem with the URL associated with that menuitem. Is it a valid url? Can the phone reach it? Do you get a host not found error, or does it just take no action at all? Do the other menu choices work correctly?

I would suggest starting by checking the output of that page, perhaps by calling it in a browser, and examine the urls associated with each menu item, if you haven't already.

Just to check, are you using the CiscoIPPhoneMenu xml object and not the CiscoIPPhoneText object? Just checking!

Re: Service for dialing -- Pls Help

I got it fixed thanx, It wasnt seeing the url.

But now I have another Question for you. I have a CiscoIPPhoneInput Object in the next page that needs to add the selected digits and dial the nr.

My asp look like....

Response.Write("\r\n");

Response.Write(" InterNet Protocol Calling \r\n");

Response.Write(" Please enter the telephone number \r\n");

Response.Write("Dial:"+code+telnr+"\r\n");

Response.Write("\r\n");

Response.Write(""+country+": +"+code+"\r\n");

Response.Write("telnr\r\n");

Response.Write("N\r\n");

Response.Write("\r\n");

return;

Does the QueryStringParam look ok ?? or what should i put in there to be able to dail country+telnr ??

Thanx

Views
Helpful
Replies