cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Packs---What's the deal?

triad
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 3.1(2) . We have unified messaging with Unity and Exchange 2K installed on separate servers. I was wondering if it is okay (and supported) to upgrade the server with Exchange and the Unity server to Win2K SP3. Also would it be okay to upgrade Exchange 2K to SP3.

I know that Cisco just released Unity 3.1(5) which says it is optional for all these upgrades but I don't want to upgrade our Unity just yet. At the very least, I want to upgrade the server with Exchange. I just want to make sure it doesn't screw anything up as well as being supported by TAC.

You can email me with you response. I am sometimes hard to get a hold of.

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Windows 2000 SP3 and Exchange 2000 SP3 are both supported now. Feel free to upgrade. Make sure to upgrade your TSP to 6.0(2b) as well when you install Windows 2000 SP3.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Even though I won't be upgrading Unity, I still have to upgrade the TSP? I just want to make sure.

thanks

If you don't upgrade the TSP, Unity isn't going to connect to CallManager after installing W2K SP3.

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: