Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Parameters Configuration - 3.2.2c parmater synchronizing

bpalmquist
Level 1
Level 1

My system is CCM 3.2.2c

I'm trying to understand how "service parameters" between servers in a cluster are related. If I update a parmeter for CallManager on the pub, it appears that the parameter will NOT propagate to the subscriber server.

In digging around, there seems to be a "sync" option in version 3.3 that will synchronize paramters between servers in a cluster.

Am I understanding this right? To make a service parmater change now (in 3.2.2c) I have to make the change to all the servers in the cluster individually?

Sounds like this is addressed better in 3.3

1 Reply 1

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Service parameters are configured on a server by server basis. Although, it seems in most cases that a service parameter on one CallManager should be the same on all in the cluster. This is not always the case. There are Enterprise Parameters, under the System menu option, that are cluster wide configurations.

CM 3.3 doesn't have a sync option, but you can view the parameters from all servers in the cluster at once. From this you can few the parameters that are out of sync (not the same). This is for veiwing only and does not sync the service parameters between servers. This URL will provife more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_3/sys_ad/3_3_2/ccmcfg/b04svprm.htm