cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service(s) fail to start

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

W2K SP 1<br>Exch 5.5 SP 4<br>CM 3.09<br>UM 2.4.6.126<br><br>After rebooting the server, the UM services fail to start. I must go into Services, select Properties on the AvCsGateway, go to the Logon tab and retype the SAME password. W2K responds with a message saying this account has been granted "login as service right". From that point, I can start the service and all is well.<br><br>I have checked in "Local Security Policy" and the account is granted the permissions to login as a service . . . what else might I be missing?<br><br>Might applying SP2 be in order? If I apply SP2 to W2K, is it recommended that I reapply Exch 5.5 SP4?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Make sure this account isn't set to 'change password at next login' and check other account password/lockout options to see if anything might be hanging it up somehow.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Unfortunately, this account is the Administrator account in the W2K domain and I can't figure out why it keeps losing it's right to login as a service. Neither Exchange nor UM will load until the password is re-typed and the UM server allows the Admin account to login as a service . . .

What current SP's for IIS, Exchange and W2K are supported on a Unity v.24.6.126 box?

Not applicable

Re-applying Exch 5.5 SP4 seems to have resolved this issue.

I'm in the process of applying SP2.

Thanks,
David.

Not applicable

SP2 applied and all seems fine.

Thanks,
David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: