Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Service(s) fail to start

W2K SP 1<br>Exch 5.5 SP 4<br>CM 3.09<br>UM 2.4.6.126<br><br>After rebooting the server, the UM services fail to start. I must go into Services, select Properties on the AvCsGateway, go to the Logon tab and retype the SAME password. W2K responds with a message saying this account has been granted "login as service right". From that point, I can start the service and all is well.<br><br>I have checked in "Local Security Policy" and the account is granted the permissions to login as a service . . . what else might I be missing?<br><br>Might applying SP2 be in order? If I apply SP2 to W2K, is it recommended that I reapply Exch 5.5 SP4?<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Service(s) fail to start

Make sure this account isn't set to 'change password at next login' and check other account password/lockout options to see if anything might be hanging it up somehow.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

Unfortunately, this account is the Administrator account in the W2K domain and I can't figure out why it keeps losing it's right to login as a service. Neither Exchange nor UM will load until the password is re-typed and the UM server allows the Admin account to login as a service . . .

What current SP's for IIS, Exchange and W2K are supported on a Unity v.24.6.126 box?

Anonymous
N/A

Re-applying Exch 5.5 SP4 seems to have resolved this issue.

I'm in the process of applying SP2.

Thanks,
David.

Anonymous
N/A

SP2 applied and all seems fine.

Thanks,
David.

Views
Helpful
Replies