Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Set different pasword in batch

We are going to upgrade from 2.4.6 to 3.1.5 during the import, we can either set a fixed password or have the utility generate a random one.

Is there a way to set or import different password for each users. Bulk edit will only set the same password. We are looking at a way to import preset password for each user. For example the last four digit of their social security Id.

Thanks

-Boris

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Set different pasword in batch

I have a non published tool that can set passwords for subscribers based on a XLS file it reads from - it only works on 3.1(x) systems, however, so it'd have to be run after you did the upgrade and brought the system up.

The XLS file just needs to have an "Phone" and a "Password" column in the first sheet defined for the file. It'll look up the extension number in the Unity database, if a match is found it'll force the password to be whatever is in the corresponding "Password" column.

It's not a TAC supported tool - I put it together for a company that needed it a few months ago and no one else has looked at it since then. If you're interested in giving it a whirl, ping me directly at lindborg@cisco.com and I'll send it your way.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content