cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting password in IP Telephony?

jiece
Level 1
Level 1

My Coy is using the IP Telephones from Cisco.

Only a number of phones are allowed to dial IDD.

Now, we need these phones to prompt for password whenever someone tries to dial IDD.

Is this possible?

If yes, how can we set it up?

What are the components needed and is there any documentation that I can get.

Hope that someone can help me find the solution. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

I assume that you are talking about prompting the person dialing for an auth code. if the user enters a correct code in the call goes through and that number gets the call recorded against there account. Cisco does not have a solution for this yet. I have looked though and there are some third party companys that can do this. I have heard rumors but can not verify that this feature will be in 4.0.

hope this helps.

scott

When you say third party company, do you mean the radius servers?

I found some articles talking about prepaid services that by using IVR, AAA and radius security system, I'll be able to provide authentication and authorization to users. However, it is not stated clearly whether the authentication and authorization can be activated only on specific phones and only to the IDD calls.

Phrasing in another way, normal users will not be prompt for any authentication. They cannot call IDD also. Some specific users can call IDD.

These specific users won't be able authenticated if they are dialing local calls. When this specific users are dialing IDD, they will be prompted for a passcode. Will the prepaid service be able to fulfill this requirement or will the authentication and authorization be activated on all calls.

If this is the correct solution to implement for my requirement, what are the radius servers available in the market?

Thanks,

Nicholas

I have created a Cisco IVR script that will accomplish this for you. Contact me by email at adignan@berbee.com

seanwongyi
Level 1
Level 1

Why not use Extension Mobility? I've deployed a site utilising EM for IDD purposes.Just place the respective iphones into a IDD-enabled partition/calling search space with the relevant IDD route-patterns. Under the iphones config, attach the IDD services to it. create user-profile that has the login ability for IDD calls and userids in the global directory & attach them to their EM user-profile.

sean.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: