Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up COR on CCME

Gurus,

I'm trying to get COR configured on my CCME. It is extremely basic - I do not want to block anything incomming (i.e., TO the phone, so I guess technincally that's OUTGOING??), and need to set up blocking for calls dialed OUT to the following: international, long distance, 1900. About half the phones will be wide open, with no restrictions, and the other half will be blocked to local only, toll-free, and 911. Our system requires the 9 to be entered before the number, and we get our dial tone from a PRI T1.

I understand, basically, about setting up the "dial-peer cor custom" list and then the individual named lists, but could someone give me some guidance on how to set up the actual dial-peer that specifies the destination-pattern? My Cisco CCME book gives one example:

Dial-peer voice 1 voip

Destination-pattern 1800...

Session Target:ipv4:10.10.10.2

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

and I've found others online:

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist outgoing LOCAL

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

port 2/0:23

forward-digits 7

These two look so totally different, I am not sure what is appropriate.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

-Michael

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Setting up COR on CCME

They look different because one is a voip dial-peer and the other one is a pots dial-peer. The basic difference between these two being that voip dial-peer is used if you want to send calls to a voip endpoint and pots dial-peer is used to send calls to the PSTN via FXO or PRI lines.

The basic components of a dial-peer are

1. match the dailed number:

destination-pattern

2. where to send the call:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

dial-peer voice 2 voip

session target

3. how many digits to forward to the remote end

dial-peer voice 1 pots

forward-digits 7

This is needed in pots dial-peer because by default it would forward only the digits that are not explicitly matched. That means, in your example if the user dials 92125555, the PRI service provider will receive only 125555. 9 and 2 will be dropped because of the explicit match.

On the other hand, VOIP dial-peer will forward all digits. So this command does no apply there.

What you would need is something like this

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist outgoing LOCAL

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

forward-digits 7

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist outgoing LONG-DISTANCE

destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......

forward-digits 11

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist outgoing INTERNATIONAL

destination-pattern 9011T

prefix 011

T is a wild card to match any digits and it also waits for the interdigit timeout.

Because of the explicit match discard digit behaviour , you would need to use the prefix command to send 011 via the PRI.

There are a lot more to dial-peers. These links would be helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

Regards,

Anup

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content