Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Setting up outbound-only FXO ports

What is the best way to set up FXO ports (in H.323) for outbound only? The user does not want the ability receive inbound calls on those ports. In fact, the FXO ports should not even pick up the line if it rings. Is this possible? I know I can not define a PLAR or any kind of inbound dial-plan, but the FXO port still picks up the line when it rings. Is there a way to stop this?

Thanx

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Setting up outbound-only FXO ports

That first thing that comes to mind to me is to tell the telco not to send any calls down these lines. If we are pulled into the line from the telco and they send us a call there is not much we can do but answer it.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Re: Setting up outbound-only FXO ports

I thought about that. What I think they want to cross-connect these lines to fax machines. Under normal circustances, the lines will be picked up by the fax machine, but if the router goes into SRST mode, the phones would grab the lines for outbound calls. I know the lines should be dedicated to one purpose or the other, but customers don't always play the way they should.

What I've done for now is increase the number of rings on the FXO port to be higher than the fax machines pickup. Theoritically, the FXO port will never answer the line unless something is wrong with the fax machine. If there is no PLAR on the FXO port, it should work out.

Any other thoughts?

Thanx

-Tim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content